Sunday, September 19th (afternoon) – Wednesday, September 22nd (lunch)
Presented by the Center for Faith, Calling, and Community
Focus: Take time in a beautiful mountain setting to explore together the complex issues that face us in this stage of life. Participants will be empowered to make positive choices that result in flourishing lives as we encounter God, family, and friends who walk this journey with us.
During our time together, experience …
Presentations on the issues that come with aging
Resources for practical planning
Dynamic interactions with presenters
Shared meals and small group discussions
Time together, celebrating friendship and God’s faithfulness
In a rich environment of friendship and celebration, this retreat offers time to walk the trails, explore Leavenworth, or take a good nap! Together we’ll explore spiritual, physical, and emotional health for this stage of life.
Enjoy walking the Ingalls Creek trails …
Topics in our Aging Well Series highlight presentations and exercises such as …
- Expected & unexpected life changes we face, and how to prepare
- Being spiritually awake and engaged
- Exploring medical concerns in aging
- Discovering resources and finding support
- Family communications that matter
- Living with the best care possible
- Home care and residential living – options for coping with life’s changes and stress (e.g. “when should we move and where to we go?”)
- Improving physical health and fitness through preventative health measures, exercise and diet
- Active leadership, mentoring, and volunteer service in retirement
- Healthy responses to grief & loss
For this September’s event, we host GUIDED CONVERSATIONS surrounding the broad topic of living situation decisions, offering a safe space for YOUR participation, learning, fellowship, encouragement, and growth.
Discover Practical Resources
Some Testimonials …
“The fellowship and vulnerability with each other was great! God’s love and Spirit were evident.”
“The subject matter was right on and so thought-provoking. It has moved me to get moving on my end-of-life desires and wishes. I thank you for loving me enough to show me the way.”
“We laughed, we cried, we enjoyed the sunshine and the rapid flow of the creek. We rejoiced with precious friends. We loved the challenge and struggles and we love being closer to God!“
“This experience was ultimately important to me as a Christian. It has been deeply impactful to my faith and how I will choose to finish the race.”
Some initial details …
- Arrive Sunday afternoon, September 19, between 4:30-5:30 to get settled. Our first meal begins at 6 p.m.
- Accommodations include private and semi-private rooms and private or shared baths at the Ingalls Creek Lodge, Bray Cabin, and comfortable nearby homes.
- Registration fee covers eight delicious meals and snacks ($92), three nights private or semi-private rooms with private or shared bath ($35/night/person), plus $55 program cost. Total = $252 per person or a slight savings at $479 per couple when sharing a room. If not lodging overnight at Ingalls Creek, program and meals cost is $147 per person. Contact us for scholarships support, if needed.
If you prefer printed rather than online registration, you may download this flyer to mail in your registration (print backside only to save ink).